06 November 2006

Discovery Singapore : Haji Lane

Have you ever been to Haji Lane lately? This is my second time here and it surprise me. In the lane, there are no longer only old fashioned and historical bulding. New, young and artistic elements are slowly replacing the dying business here. Buildings are repainted and renovated in their own unique style/personality. Young people (perhaps mostly are artists/designers) are spreading their roots here.


Guess! Is this a studio or a lounge? Well... it is a boutique!

The automatic door it just next to the sign "3". Here I save the comments on the fine pieces they are offering. I am not really a fashion guy. I don't think it is just an ordinary piece of fabric.
Because I asked for a piece that will cost me....130? I wonder if the owner is a cantonese, the number "3" has the same pronunciaiton with the word "cloth".


Another voguish boutique.

Besides boutique there is a place to chill out. It is place where you can have movies and drinks in an aesthetic ambiance! PITCH BLACK. On the second storey, is a mini cinema loaded with the latest blu-ray™ technology (blu-ray™?).
For more information, please visit the official web-site: www.pitchblack.com.sg


Cafe @ ground floor


Can't get a ticket during the weekend? No worry....
Pitch Black is here.


taadaa... Movies of the day!
(picture from michelle)

I foresee this place will become another hotspot for the young! Let's support them, support us! (I am young too)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey interestin plc to hangout! thks for e info...i shall go there...haha

Anonymous said...

WOW... good job.. Mmmmmm,.. living in singapore so long. nv know there's such a place so cool to chill out..