05 November 2006

Discovery Singapore : Arab St



I found some interesting places around Arab st. First of all, an antique shop near the mosque. It filled with lots and lots of old toys, special edition of coca-cola, media devices, sign board, etc. The decoration of the shop is cosy and unique. You can feel the passion and enthusiasm of the owner.


I like this cash register! It costs 350.



All sort of toys

This Coca-Cola Collection is amazing

There is a mini cafe at the back of the shop. The shop keeper show me the menu and allow me to take a photo on his very old vespa. He told me that they do arrange for mini party at the cafe for FOC! I definately don't mind to have a drinking session in here. The ambiance is supreb.




Lastly, the shop named "Ah gong shop", what a nice name. Tired of conventional shopping centre? This place definately worth a visit!


(picture from michelle)

5 comments:

Max said...

a lot of these so called antique shops are actually 'agents' of an old stuffs supplier. check out the "flea market" and the antique shops at china square.

Anonymous said...

really?? let's go to china square next karl... they have a very nice chinese restaurant thr, a lot of hk stars been thr before...

Anonymous said...

ops that was me, michelle...

Karl Lee said...

Thanks Max for you valuable information. My next destination will be "flea market" and the antique shops at china square.

Dear lovely friends and readers,

do drop me some comments and share any information with me.

Thanks,
karl

Anonymous said...

hi, I hope i get the right person. I have been looking for details of Ah Gong Shop. saw photos that u have taken. Will u be able give me the address. I would really appreciate it. you may email me at priscilla_pey@yahoo.com